Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Writing

     I been reading Steven Kings : On writing a memoir of the craft. Pure writing goodness coming from that book. He simply starts with his childhood to his growth as a man being married with a couple of kids and how he has evolved as a writer through his life just to make you see he didn't become the way he is by knowing any prestigious person that brought him along but he is truly a schmuck just like you and me. He tells of his first book hitting it big named "Carrie" and the news of how much money he was surprised to rake in out of a novel he thought wouldn't do so well in the first place. If anyone is going into writing they need to read this book and they will be much more prepared for the life of a writer.
     Which is the life that I'm wanting to get into. I hope I make gravitating stories for people to read. I recently made a story about a guy that was a janitor who wakes up in the middle of the woods naked. He then tries to figure out who did this to him. Why is he naked? Why are agents from the government after him? It's a short story. I hope other people will look at it and see some potential. But that's what it is so far.
     Is there anyone's advice out there that I should listen to before I get into this journey?

0 comments: